Join the United Railroad Historical Society of New Jersey for a celebration of New Jersey’s railroad history. Over a dozen pieces of restored historic railroad equipment will be open to the public during this exhibition, which is held the same day as the annual Boonton Day street fair.
Trains, cars, buses, and trucks… Something for the whole family!
A restored PRR 1950 Ford F-1 has been added as an exhibit at the 2016 Railroad Museum [for a day].
Sunday, September 25, 10 am – 5 pm
Address: 104 Morris Avenue
Boonton Township, NJ 07005
- Discover & explore over a dozen pieces of NJ restored historic railroad equipment, inside & out
- Visit vintage cars, trucks, buses, and military vehicles
- Go on guided tours of the equipment and railyard
- Enjoy live music and freshly-cooked food
- Meet and talk to real railroaders and railroad preservationists
- Learn about railroad historical preservation efforts in New Jersey
- If you’re a Boy Scout, earn a special patch, or even Railroading Merit Badge
Railroad Museum [for a day] is hosted by the United Railroad Historical Society of New Jersey, owners of the largest and most historic railroad collection in New Jersey. During the once-a-year event, the URHS Restoration Facility in Boonton, NJ will become New Jersey’s largest railroad museum. Museum [for a day] provides a rare, family-friendly opportunity to admire, explore, and go inside of our historic trains and learn about their connection to the region we live in.